The Light Program
The Light Program is a mental health Intensive Outpatient Program that treats individuals in crisis or struggling to function on a regular basis. Our mental health Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) consists of an initial individual session establishing person-centered treatment goals followed by regularly scheduled group counseling sessions that meet four times a week for a minimum of two hours and fifteen minutes. A qualified therapist leads the group counseling sessions and is trained to assist each client in meeting their personally pre-defined treatment goals.
The Light Program is available in multiple locations and services adolescents and adults. There is also specialty programming for individuals suffering from eating disorders. Most individuals who enter The Light Program attend an average of 18 sessions over the course of 4 to 8 weeks. Upon discharge, clients are referred back to their individual therapist. If they do not have an individual therapist, they will be provided a referral prior to leaving the program.
Planting the Seeds of Growth
The Light Program meets in a group format 4 times a week to offer more support than traditional once a week outpatient care. Individual and family sessions are provided on an as needed basis. Psychiatric services are available for medication management. A primary goal of The Light Program is to stabilize an individual so that s/he may be able to return to healthy functioning, e.g. succeed at school/work, develop or maintain healthy interpersonal relationships, identify unhealthy patterns of thinking/behaving, learn effective coping skills to manage depression/anxiety.
Turn to the Light
Individuals who are feeling depressed, hopeless, having thoughts of suicide, or feeling overwhelmed or constantly worried will benefit from The Light Program. Our program is an excellent transition for individuals being discharged from an inpatient stay or as a way to prevent being hospitalized.
A Source of Strength
The Light Program, through person-centered care, is dedicated to helping individuals lead fulfilling and satisfying lives. Life can be difficult BUT there are ways to enjoy it despite it's challenges. No one deserves or wants to be depressed or constantly worried. If you or someone you know is struggling, The Light Program will make a difference. Our 2013 Outcomes show that 9 out of 10 clients reported feeling significantly better after discharge from our program.
Sharing What We’re Doing to Make Your Care Better!
Over the past year, The Light Program continued to implement practices to improve our care delivery:
- In order to better serve the needs of our clients, we have upgraded our telephone system to help clients reach the right departments more easily.
- We have added evening Light Programs in several locations to improve access to treatment.
- We have expanded our Seeds of Hope program to treat food addictions.
- We have added new locations in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- In order to serve our clients better, our clinicians continue to track responses to our services by utilizing a Depression Scale and Symptom Checklist Inventory. We have determined that our program staff helps our clients feel better with substantial changes in reducing depression. Our clients are able to perform more consistently with personal and community activities following our treatment interventions.
This information is offered as a brief overview of what we're doing to make sure The Light Program provides you and your family members with the best possible service in the community.
If you would like to refer yourself or a loved one, or if you have any questions about The Light Program, please CALL 888-686-7511.